When you’re creating a meditation room in your home, you want to get it all right… down to the smallest detail. But one of the big details is the paint color you use on your wall – and here’s what you need to know to make the best possible decision.
How to Pick the Right Paint Color for Your Meditation or Yoga Room
When you’re painting a meditation room in your home, you need to know:
- The colors you choose will have an effect on you (check out the color psychology behind bedroom paint shades for even more information)
- The lighting you use will impact the color you see on the walls
Color Psychology for Meditation Rooms
Make sure the room you choose is away from traffic (including the bathroom) and that it gets the right amount of natural light. Once that’s done, you can pick the perfect paint color.
Here’s a breakdown when it comes to choosing colors:
- Mauve is graceful and subtle, and it symbolizes imagination and spirituality.
- Tan and beige are cozy and comforting, and they symbolize simplicity and health.
- Deep blue is calming and serene, and it symbolizes wisdom, faith and truth.
- Light gray is cool and balanced, and it symbolizes maturity and safety.
- Coral is warm and healthy, and it symbolizes harmony.
- Light green is natural and calming, and it symbolizes growth, freshness and safety.
Should You Put an Accent Wall in a Meditation Room?
Whether or not to put an accent wall in your meditation room is purely a personal choice – but if you do, know that if you choose the right colors, you’ll be able to make the room appear larger. The colors that pull the eye away from the wall include:
Some colors will make the wall appear closer than it really is, including:
When you’re choosing which wall to use as an accent, it’s best if you have a good sense of where you’ll meditate (and in which direction you’ll typically face) or practice yoga. In many cases, the best accent wall is one without a window, door or other built-in feature. You can also use your ceiling as an accent – and the professional painter you hire can help you choose the perfect shades.
What’s the 60:30:10 Rule?
The 60:30:10 rule is a suggested ratio for colors in any room. If you’re following that as a guide, 60 percent of the room should be painted or decorated in your dominant color; 30 percent should be in a secondary color on the same palette; and the remaining 10 percent should be your accent color.
Do You Need to Talk to a Painting Pro in Pinehurst or Aberdeen About a Meditation Room?
We can help you create the perfect meditation room by painting it to provide you with a serene, tranquil color (or two!) – just call us at 910-725-3227 or get in touch with us online. We’ll be happy to answer your questions and give you a free painting estimate for any of our services.