Painted cabinets can transform an ordinary kitchen or bathroom into an extraordinary one – but how do you know if they’re the right choice for you, and if they are, what colors should you choose?
Should You Paint Your Kitchen or Bathroom Cabinets?
Painted cabinets can define your space’s color palette, but how can you tell if it’s the right choice in your home? Have a look at the pros and cons.
Pros of Painting Your Cabinets
- Painting your cabinets in the kitchen or bathroom is much more cost-effective than replacing them entirely.
- A fresh coat of paint makes your cabinets look brand-new.
- You can create a look you love – and you can use just about any color you want, with the option to change it again in a few years.
Cons of Painting Your Cabinets
- Not all cabinets are good candidates for paint. If they’re warped, chipped or otherwise damaged, you may need to replace them instead.
- Painting them yourself is a time-intensive job – you have to take the doors off the hinges and clean them exceptionally well. You have to prime, paint, and put it all back, too.
- You have to paint carefully if you’re an amateur, or you’ll probably be unhappy with the results.
What Colors Should You Use to Paint Your Cabinets?
The colors you choose will set the tone for your kitchen. Check out:
- Greens can create a cozy, cottage-style look
- Dark grays can create spectacular contrast
- Blue – especially light blue – can create a crisp, clean look
- Yellows can add a soothing brightness
Pro Tip: You can paint only the interior of your cabinets to add depth, which is a great choice if you have windowed cabinets.
Lacquered cabinets reflect light and make your space appear larger, so you may want to gloss over your paint job when you’re done – especially if you live in a small space.
Do You Need Painting Help?
We can repaint your kitchen, your dining room, or any other room in your house – just call us at 910-725-3227. We’ll be happy to give you a free painting estimate for any of our services. Aberdeen, Pinehurst, Southern Pines and Myrtle Beach painting pros are right here waiting to help.